Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landings and lifts, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights (LED lighting is used in the lift). Corridors are slightly dimmer lit by wall lights.
- Corridors are 1400mm wide and the floor covering is short pile carpet.
- There are two lifts all with audio announcements and tactile buttons. There is a mirror on the back of each lift, the sides are covered in a sheet metal and the floor is non-slip laminate.
- Each floor is marked by a large tactile number opposite the lift.
- The lounge area is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the reception and main entrance area.
- The lounge door is 1900mm wide.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with and without arms as well as some stools, together with low coffee tables.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as free standing lamps around the room.
- The flooring is short pile carpet, wood and marble in both the lounge and the lobby.
- Bar food and drink can be served in the lounge, just ask at the bar for menu details.
- The nearest toilets are in reception and include an accessible toilet.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- The restaurant and bar are situated on the ground floor with level entry from the reception and main entrance area.
- Double doors to this area are normally open.
- Both the restaurant and bar have level access throughout. Tables in the restaurant are well spaced apart, with a clear height from the floor of 720mm, with a mixture of upright chairs with and without arms.
- The bar area has a mixture of sofas, soft chairs and upright chairs with high and low tables. Table service for drinks and food is offered.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead and wall lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is mainly marble and wood with short pile carpet in small areas.
- We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance with any specific requests. Where possible all our food produce is locally sourced.
- The restaurant is table service for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is a self-service buffet; however, staff can assist on request.
- Large print menus are available. Specials of the day are shown on a 55 Inch LED screen. All staff can assist by running through menus with you.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- The nearest toilets and accessible toilet are at the entrance to the restaurant.
Public toilets can be found on the ground floor with level access from the main entrance, reception, lounge, bar and restaurant areas.
We have a unisex accessible toilet, described below:
- Entrance door 910mm wide and level entry into the toilet.
- 960mm transfer space to the left of the ground floor toilet.
- The toilet height is 490mm.
- There are vertical rails either side of both basin and toilet.
- There is a horizontal rail on the side wall adjacent to the toilet.
- An emergency alarm pull cord.
- The toilets are well lit with LED overhead lighting and there is a low level light switch.
- The flooring is non-slip tiles
- There are lever taps on the sinks.
- There is good colour contrast, tiles are terracotta, toilets & washbasins are white.
- All other public WCs have the same lighting, flooring, lever taps as above.
Leisure facilities comprising of a fitness room are located on the ground floor. These can be accessed from the main entrance/reception area via a level corridor which is 1500mm wide
- The leisure facilities are level throughout.
- All doors to these areas are 810mm wide, light and easy to open.
- The gym has a range of equipment: cycling machines, rowing machines, running machines, cross trainer, weights and bars, exercise mats.
- All areas are well lit with LED lighting throughout.
- Flooring in the leisure facilities is short pile fitted carpet tiles.
- The nearest accessible toilet is by reception
- All leisure facilities are open 7 days a week from 06.30 to 22.00.
Grounds and Gardens
We have an outside terrace area available to our guests, this area is accessed on the ground floor and is all level throughout. There is bench seating and tables in this area that are well spaced.
Conference and Meeting Rooms
Our conference and meeting rooms are on the ground floor and can be accessed from the main entrance/reception area.
- All of these rooms have level access throughout.
- All doors are 810mm wide, light and easy to open.
- All rooms have natural lighting. Overhead lighting can be controlled by switches.
- A mobile hearing loop system is available on request.
- Upright chairs with or without arms are available. Tables have a clear space of 730mm from the floor.
- The flooring is short pile carpet.
- The nearest public toilet with an accessible toilet is on the same floor by reception
Please contact our Conference & Events Sales team on tel: 0113 200 2482 to discuss any specific requirements you may have.
We have a banqueting/dance floor area with a bar on the same floor, access is step free. This can be accessed from the main entrance/reception area
- Lighting is even throughout. There is natural light from windows; both overhead and wall lighting is used which can be dimmed.
- The flooring is both short pile carpet and marble
- Chairs and seating can be arranged to suit.
- The nearest public toilets with an accessible toilet is on the same floor by reception.
Please contact our Conference & Events Sales team on tel: 0113 200 2482 in advance to discuss any specific services you may require if booking this facility for a conference or wedding etc.